TLR Archives

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Teamspeak is dying, and might not make it through the week.

Deckatre

• Kamikaze Squad Leader
  • +14/-1
  • Expert Tanker
    • Steam Profile
  • Main: Deckatre
Teamspeak is dying, and might not make it through the week.
« on: February 24, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »
Okay everyone, I have some bad news, good news, and really let’s just face it, it’s the news of our gamer lives. Right now the TeamSpeak server is on it’s last life. The CPU is dying, as well as the hard drive.  We are scared to even back up the TeamSpeak server but we are going to do it tonight. We (being phebos and I) are not even sure it will make it through the week. That is why we are buying a new computer that will cost $325 out of our own pockets to host TeamSpeak. The bright news is this new computer is much better and we will be able to run a team fortress 2 server hopefully 24/7. I can’t make promises on uptime at the moment because we don’t have the computer yet and have to set up the server and see how things are working.

The reason I’m making this post is we are asking that anyone who can, please chip in, even if it’s only $10. Your donations add up and I think we can collaborate and help phebos with the costs. We aren’t asking to cover all of the cost for the machine; we are just looking to make the costs a bit easier. You may not think it but even $10 dollars can make a difference.

The good news is the computer is ordered and on it’s way so if the current TeamSpeak server does die  permanently this week, we will be able to bring it back up on my personal computer, and once the machine we just bought arrives everything will be back online.

One last note, I appreciate everyone here in Templar and feel that we all provide something that makes Templar really a special gaming community that makes keeping this thing going for 8-9 years, and more really amazing. We are proud to announce that this TeamSpeak sever that is dying is nationally ranked top 25 for uptime.

Kopf

• Stellvertreter des Führers
  • +8/-1
    • Facebook
Re: Teamspeak is dying, and might not make it through the week.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »
Wow, nationally ranked!  I had no idea such things existed.

Deckatre

• Kamikaze Squad Leader
  • +14/-1
  • Expert Tanker
    • Steam Profile
  • Main: Deckatre
Re: Teamspeak is dying, and might not make it through the week.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
Me either but i guess teamspeak runs those analytics and shit.